1. O you who believe! Do not put (yourselves) forward before Allâh and His Messenger (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam), and fear Allâh. Verily! Allâh is All-Hearing, All-Knowing.
2. O you who believe! Raise not your voices above the voice of the Prophet (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam), nor speak aloud to him in talk as you speak aloud to one another, lest your deeds may be rendered fruitless while you perceive not.
3. Verily! Those who lower their voices in the presence of Allâh's Messenger (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam), they are the ones whose hearts Allâh has tested for piety. For them is forgiveness and a great reward.
7. And know that, among you there is the Messenger of Allâh (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam). If he were to obey you (i.e. follow your opinions and desires) in much of the matter, you would surely be in trouble, but Allâh has endeared the Faith to you and has beautified it in your hearts, and has made disbelief, wickedness and disobedience (to Allâh and His Messenger sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) hateful to you. These! They are the rightly guided ones,
9. And if two parties or groups among the believers fall to fighting, then make peace between them both, but if one of them rebels against the other, then fight you (all) against the one that which rebels till it complies with the Command of Allâh; then if it complies, then make reconciliation between them justly, and be equitable. Verily! Allâh loves those who are equitable.
11. O you who believe! Let not a group scoff at another group, it may be that the latter are better than the former; nor let (some) women scoff at other women, it may be that the latter are better than the former, nor defame one another, nor insult one another by nicknames. How bad is it, to insult one's brother after having Faith [i.e. to call your Muslim brother (a faithful believer) as: "O sinner", or "O wicked", etc.]. And whosoever does not repent, then such are indeed Zâlimûn (wrong-doers, etc.).
12. O you who believe! Avoid much suspicions, indeed some suspicions are sins. And spy not, neither backbite one another. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would hate it (so hate backbiting) . And fear Allâh. Verily, Allâh is the One Who accepts repentance, Most Merciful.
13. O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honourable of you with Allâh is that (believer) who has At-Taqwa [i.e. one of the Muttaqûn (pious - see V.2:2)]. Verily, Allâh is All-Knowing, All-Aware.
14. The bedouins say: "We believe." Say: "You believe not but you only say, 'We have surrendered (in Islâm),' for Faith has not yet entered your hearts. But if you obey Allâh and His Messenger (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam), He will not decrease anything in reward for your deeds. Verily, Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."
15. Only those are the believers who have believed in Allâh and His Messenger, and afterward doubt not but strive with their wealth and their lives for the Cause of Allâh. Those! They are the truthful.
17. They regard as favour upon you (O Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) that they have embraced Islâm. Say: "Count not your Islâm as a favour upon me. Nay, but Allâh has conferred a favour upon you, that He has guided you to the Faith, if you indeed are true.