1. Verily, We have given you (O Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) a manifest victory.
4. He it is Who sent down As-Sakinah (calmness and tranquillity) into the hearts of the believers, that they may grow more in Faith along with their (present) Faith. And to Allâh belong the hosts of the heavens and the earth, and Allâh is Ever All-Knower, All-Wise.
5. That He may admit the believing men and the believing women to Gardens under which rivers flow (i.e. Paradise), to abide therein forever, and to expiate from them their sins, and that is with Allâh, a supreme success,
6. And that He may punish the Munâfiqûn (hypocrites), men and women, and also the Mushrikûn men and women, who think evil thoughts about Allâh, for them is a disgraceful torment, and the Anger of Allâh is upon them, and He has cursed them and prepared Hell for them, and worst indeed is that destination.
9. In order that you (O mankind) may believe in Allâh and His Messenger (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam), and that you assist and honour him (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam), and (that you) glorify (Allâh's) praises morning and afternoon.
10. Verily, those who give Bai'â (pledge) to you (O Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) they are giving Bai'â (pledge) to Allâh. The Hand of Allâh is over their hands. Then whosoever breaks his pledge, breaks only to his own harm, and whosoever fulfills what he has covenanted with Allâh, He will bestow on him a great reward.
11. Those of the bedouins who lagged behind will say to you: "Our possessions and our families occupied us, so ask forgiveness for us." They say with their tongues what is not in their hearts. Say: "Who then has any power at all (to intervene) on your behalf with Allâh, if He intends you hurt or intends you benefit? Nay, but Allâh is Ever All-Aware of what you do.
12. "Nay, but you thought that the Messenger (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) and the believers would never return to their families; and that was made fair-seeming in their hearts, and you did think an evil thought and you became a useless people going for destruction."
15. Those who lagged behind will say, when you set forth to take the spoils, "Allow us to follow you," They want to change Allâh's Words. Say: "You shall not follow us; thus Allâh has said beforehand." Then they will say: "Nay, you envy us." Nay, but they understand not except a little.
16. Say (O Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) to the bedouins who lagged behind: "You shall be called to fight against a people given to great warfare, then you shall fight them, or they shall surrender. Then if you obey, Allâh will give you a fair reward, but if you turn away as you did turn away before, He will punish you with a painful torment."
17. No blame or sin is there upon the blind, nor is there blame or sin upon the lame, nor is there blame or sin upon the sick (that they go not forth to war). And whosoever obeys Allâh and His Messenger (Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam), He will admit him to Gardens beneath which rivers flow (Paradise); and whosoever turns back, He will punish him with a painful torment.
18. Indeed, Allâh was pleased with the believers when they gave their Bai'â(pledge) to you (O Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) under the tree, He knew what was in their hearts, and He sent down As-Sakinah (calmness and tranquillity) upon them, and He rewarded them with a near victory,
20. Allâh has promised you abundant spoils that you will capture, and He has hastened for you this, and He has restrained the hands of men from you, that it may be a sign for the believers, and that He may guide you to a Straight Path.
25. They are the ones who disbelieved (in the Oneness of Allâh Islâmic Monotheism), and hindered you from Al Masjid al Harâm (the sacred mosque of Makkah) and the sacrificial animals, detained from reaching their place of sacrifice. Had there not been believing men and believing women whom you did not know, that you may kill them, and on whose account a sin would have been committed by you without (your) knowledge, that Allâh might bring into His Mercy whom He will, if they (the believers and the disbelievers) should have been apart, We verily had punished those of them who disbelieved, with painful torment.
26. When those who disbelieve had put in their hearts pride and haughtiness the pride and haughtiness of the time of ignorance, then Allâh sent down HisSakinah (calmness and tranquillity) upon His Messenger (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) and upon the believers, and made them stick to the word of piety (i.e. none has the right to be worshipped but Allâh), and they were well entitled to it and worthy of it. And Allâh is the All-Knower of everything.
27. Indeed Allâh shall fulfil the true vision which He showed to His Messenger (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) [i.e. the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam saw a dream that he has entered Makkah along with his companions, having their (head) hair shaved and cut short] in very truth. Certainly, you shall enter Al Masjid al Harâm; if Allâh wills, secure, (some) having your heads shaved, and (some) having your head hair cut short, having no fear. He knew what you knew not, and He granted besides that a near victory.
28. He it is Who has sent His Messenger (Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islâm), that He may make it (Islâm) superior over all religions. And All-Sufficient is Allâh as a Witness.
29. Muhammad (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) is the Messenger of Allâh, and those who are with him are severe against disbelievers, and merciful among themselves. You see them bowing and falling down prostrate (in prayer), seeking Bounty from Allâh and (His) Good Pleasure. The mark of them (i.e. of their Faith) is on their faces (foreheads) from the traces of (their) prostration (during prayers). This is their description in the Taurât (Torah). But their description in the Injeel (Gospel) is like a (sown) seed which sends forth its shoot, then makes it strong, it then becomes thick, and it stands straight on its stem, delighting the sowers that He may enrage the disbelievers with them. Allâh has promised those among them who believe (i.e. all those who follow Islâmic Monotheism, the religion of Prophet Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam till the Day of Resurrection) and do righteous good deeds, forgiveness and a mighty reward (i.e. Paradise).