In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
1. Tâ Sîn.
[These letters are one of the miracles of the Qur'ân, and none but Allâh (Alone) knows their meanings]. These are the Verses of the Qur'ân, and (it is) a Book (that makes things) clear;
10. "And throw down your stick!" But when he saw it moving as if it were a snake, he turned in flight, and did not look back. (It was said): "O Mûsa (Moses)! Fear not, verily! The Messengers fear not in front of Me.
12. "And put your hand into your bosom, it will come forth white without hurt. (These are) among the nine signs (you will take) to Fir'aun (Pharaoh) and his people, they are a people who are the Fâsiqûn (rebellious, disobedient to Allâh).
14. And they belied them (those Ayât) wrongfully and arrogantly, though their ownselves were convinced thereof [i.e. those (Ayât) are from Allâh, and Mûsa (Moses) is the Messenger of Allâh in truth, but they disliked to obey Mûsa (Moses), and hated to believe in his Message of Monotheism]. So see what was the end of the Mufsidûn (disbelievers, disobedient to Allâh, evil-doers, liars.).
16. And Sulaimân (Solomon) inherited (the knowledge of) Dawûd (David). He said: "O mankind! We have been taught the language of birds, and on us have been bestowed all things. This, verily, is an evident grace (from Allâh)."
19. So he [Sulaimân (Solomon)] smiled, amused at her speech and said: "My Lord! Inspire and bestow upon me the power and ability that I may be grateful for Your Favours which You have bestowed on me and on my parents, and that I may do righteous good deeds that will please You, and admit me by Your Mercy among Your righteous slaves."
25. Al-Lâ (this word has two interpretations) (A) [As Shaitân (Satan) has barred them from Allâh's Way] so that they do not worship (prostrate before) Allâh, or (B) So that they may worship (prostrate before) Allâh, Who brings to light what is hidden in the heavens and the earth, and knows what you conceal and what you reveal. [Tafsir At-Tabarî, Vol. 19, Page 149]
36. So when (the messengers with the present) came to Sulaimân (Solomon), he said: "Will you help me in wealth? What Allâh has given me is better than that which He has given you! Nay, you rejoice in your gift!"
37. [Then Sulaimân (Solomon) said to the chief of her messengers who brought the present]: "Go back to them. We verily shall come to them with hosts that they cannot resist, and we shall drive them out from there in disgrace, and they will be abased."
40. One with whom was knowledge of the Scripture said: "I will bring it to you within the twinkling of an eye!" then when [Sulaimân (Solomon)] saw it placed before him, he said: "This is by the Grace of my Lord to test me whether I am grateful or ungrateful! And whoever is grateful, truly, his gratitude is for (the good of) his ownself, and whoever is ungrateful, (he is ungrateful only for the loss of his ownself). Certainly! My Lord is Rich (Free of all wants), Bountiful."
42. So when she came, it was said (to her): "Is your throne like this?" She said: "(It is) as though it were the very same." And [Sulaimân (Solomon) said]: "Knowledge was bestowed on us before her, and we were submitted to Allâh (in Islâm as Muslims before her)."
44. It was said to her: "Enter As-Sarh" [(a glass surface with water underneath it) or a palace], but when she saw it, she thought it was a pool, and she (tucked up her clothes) uncovering her legs, Sulaimân (Solomon) said: "Verily, it is Sarh [(a glass surface with water underneath it) or a palace] paved smooth with slab of glass." She said: "My Lord! Verily, I have wronged myself, and I submit (in Islâm, together with Sulaimân (Solomon), to Allâh, the Lord of the'Alamîn (mankind, jinns and all that exists)."
45. And indeed We sent to Thamûd their brother Sâlih (Saleh), saying: "Worship Allâh (Alone and none else). Then look! They became two parties (believers and disbelievers) quarreling with each other."
49. They said: "Swear one to another by Allâh that we shall make a secret night attack on him and his household, and afterwards we will surely say to his near relatives: 'We witnessed not the destruction of his household, and verily! We are telling the truth.'"
54. And (remember) Lout (Lot)! When he said to his people . Do you commitAl Fâhishah (evil, great sin, every kind of unlawful sexual intercourse, sodomy, etc.) while you see (one another doing evil without any screen, etc.)?"
59. Say (O Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam): "Praise and thanks be to Allâh, and peace be on His slaves whom He has chosen (for His Message)! Is Allâh better, or (all) that you ascribe as partners (to Him)?" (Of course, Allâh is Better).
60. Is not He (better than your gods) Who created the heavens and the earth, and sends down for you water (rain) from the sky, whereby We cause to grow wonderful gardens full of beauty and delight? It is not in your ability to cause the growth of their trees. Is there any ilâh (god) with Allâh? Nay, but they are a people who ascribe equals (to Him)!
61. Is not He (better than your gods) Who has made the earth as a fixed abode, and has placed rivers in its midst, and has placed firm mountains therein, and has set a barrier between the two seas (of salt and sweet water).Is there any ilâh (god) with Allâh? Nay, but most of them know not.
62. Is not He (better than your gods) Who responds to the distressed one, when he calls Him, and Who removes the evil, and makes you inheritors of the earth, generations after generations. Is there any ilâh (god) with Allâh? Little is that you remember!
63. Is not He (better than your gods) Who guides you in the darkness of the land and the sea, and Who sends the winds as heralds of glad tidings, going before His Mercy (rain)? Is there any ilâh (god) with Allâh? High Exalted be Allâh above all that they associate as partners (to Him)!
64. Is not He (better than your so-called gods) Who originates creation, and shall thereafter repeat it, and Who provides for you from heaven and earth? Is there any ilâh (god) with Allâh? Say, "Bring forth your proofs, if you are truthful."
81. Nor can you lead the blind out of their error, you can only make to hear those who believe in Our Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.), and who have submitted (themselves to Allâh in Islâm as Muslims).
82. And when the Word (of torment) is fulfilled against them, We shall bring out from the earth a beast to them, which will speak to them because mankind believed not with certainty in Our Ayât (Verses of the Qur'ân and Prophet Muhammad ).
83. And (remember) the Day when We shall gather out of every nation a troop of those who denied Our Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.), and (then) they (all) shall be gathered (and driven to the place of reckoning),
84. Till, when they come (before their Lord at the place of reckoning), He will say: "Did you deny My Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) when you comprehended them not in knowledge, or what (else) was it that you used to do?"
86. See they not that We have made the night for them to rest therein, and the day sight-giving? Verily, in this are Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) for the people who believe.
87. And (remember) the Day on which the Trumpet will be blown and all who are in the heavens and all who are on the earth, will be terrified except him whom Allâh will (exempt). And all shall come to Him humbled.
88. And you will see the mountains and think them solid, but they shall pass away as the passing away of the clouds. The Work of Allâh, Who perfected all things, verily! He is Well-Acquainted with what you do.
90. And whoever brings an evil (deed) (i.e. Shirk polytheism, disbelief in the Oneness of Allâh and every evil sinful deed), they will be cast down (prone) on their faces in the Fire. (And it will be said to them) "Are you being recompensed anything except what you used to do?"
91. I (Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) have been commanded only to worship the Lord of this city (Makkah), Him Who has sanctified it and His is everything. And I am commanded to be from among the Muslims (those who submit to Allâh in Islâm).
93. And say [(O Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) to these polytheists and pagans etc.]: "All the praises and thanks be to Allâh. He will show you His Ayât (signs, in yourselves, and in the universe or punishments, etc.), and you shall recognise them. And your Lord is not unaware of what you do."