1. Alif Lâm Mîm.
[These letters are one of the miracles of the Qur'ân, and none but Allâh (Alone) knows their meanings.]
3. Or say they: "He (Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) has fabricated it?" Nay, it is the truth from your Lord, that you may warn a people to whom no warner has come before you (O Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam), in order that they may be guided.
4. Allâh it is He Who has created the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them in six Days. Then He Istawâ (rose over) the Throne (in a manner that suits His Majesty). You (mankind) have none, besides Him, as a Walî(protector or helper etc.) or an intercessor. Will you not then remember (or be admonished)?
5. He arranges (every) affair from the heavens to the earth, then it (affair) will go up to Him, in one Day, the space whereof is a thousand years of your reckoning (i.e. reckoning of our present world's time).
12. And if you only could see when the Mujrimûn (criminals, disbelievers, polytheists, sinners, etc.) shall hang their heads before their Lord (saying): "Our Lord! We have now seen and heard, so send us back (to the world), we will do righteous good deeds. Verily! We now believe with certainty."
14. Then taste you (the torment of the Fire) because of your forgetting the Meeting of this Day of yours, (and) surely! We too will forget you, so taste you the abiding torment for what you used to do.
15. Only those believe in Our Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.), who, when they are reminded of them fall down prostrate, and glorify the Praises of their Lord, and they are not proud.
20. And as for those who are Fâsiqûn (disbelievers and disobedient to Allâh), their abode will be the Fire, every time they wish to get away therefrom, they will be put back thereto, and it will be said to them: "Taste you the torment of the Fire which you used to deny."
21. And verily, We will make them taste of the near torment (i.e. the torment in the life of this world, i.e. disasters, calamities, etc.) prior to the supreme torment (in the Hereafter), in order that they may (repent and) return (i.e. accept Islâm).
22. And who does more wrong than he who is reminded of the Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of his Lord, then he turns aside therefrom? Verily, We shall exact retribution from the Mujrimûn(criminals, disbelievers, polytheists, sinners, etc.).
23. And indeed We gave Mûsa (Moses) the Scripture [the Taurât (Torah)]. So be not you in doubt of meeting him [i.e.when you met Mûsa (Moses) during the night of Al Isra' and Al Mi'râj over the heavens]. And We made it [the Taurât (Torah)] a guide to the Children of Israel.
24. And We made from among them (Children of Israel), leaders, giving guidance under Our Command, when they were patient and used to believe with certainty in Our Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.).