[These letters are one of the miracles of the Qur'ân, and none but Allâh (Alone) knows their meanings.]
6. And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e.music, singing, etc.) to mislead (men) from the Path of Allâh without knowledge, and takes it (the Path of Allâh, the Verses of the Qur'ân) by way of mockery. For such there will be a humiliating torment (in the Hell-fire).
10. He has created the heavens without any pillars, that you see and has set on the earth firm mountains, lest it should shake with you. And He has scattered therein moving (living) creatures of all kinds. And We send down water (rain) from the sky, and We cause (plants) of every goodly kind to grow therein.
11. This is the creation of Allâh. So show Me that which those (whom you worship), besides Him have created. Nay, the Zâlimûn (polytheists, wrong doers and those who do not believe in the Oneness of Allâh) are in plain error.
12. And indeed We bestowed upon Luqmân Alunderstanding, etc.) saying: "Give thanks to Allâh," and whoever gives thanks, he gives thanks for (the good of) his ownself. And whoever is unthankful, then verily, Allâh is All Rich (Free of all wants), Worthy of all praise.
14. And We have enjoined on man (to be dutiful and good) to his parents. His mother bore him in weakness and hardship upon weakness and hardship, and his weaning is in two years give thanks to Me and to your parents, unto Me is the final destination.
15. But if they (both) strive with you to make you join in worship with Me others that of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not, but behave with them in the world kindly, and follow the path of him who turns to Me in repentance and in obedience. Then to Me will be your return, and I shall tell you what you used to do.
16. "O my son! If it be (anything) equal to the weight of a grain of mustard seed, and though it be in a rock, or in the heavens or in the earth, Allâh will bring it forth. Verily, Allâh is Subtle (in bringing out that grain), Well Aware (of its place).
17. "O my son! Aqim is Salât (perform As Salât), enjoin (people) for Al(Islâmic Monotheism and all that is good), and forbid (people) from Al(i.e. disbelief in the Oneness of Allâh, polytheism of all kinds and all that is evil and bad), and bear with patience whatever befall you. Verily! These are some of the important commandments ordered by Allâh with no exemption.
20. See you not (O men) that Allâh has subjected for you whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth, and has completed and perfected His Graces upon you, (both) apparent (i.e Islâmic Monotheism, and the lawful pleasures of this world, including health, good looks, etc.) and hidden [i.e. One's Faith in Allâh (of Islâmic Monotheism) knowledge, wisdom, guidance for doing righteous deeds, and also the pleasures and delights of the Hereafter in Paradise, etc.]? Yet of mankind is he who disputes about Allâh without knowledge or guidance or a Book giving light!
21. And when it is said to them: "Follow that which Allâh has sent down", they say: "Nay, we shall follow that which we found our fathers (following)." (Would they do so) even if Shaitân (Satan) invites them to the torment of the Fire.
22. And whosoever submits his face (himself) to Allâh [i.e.(follows Allâh's Religion of Islâmic Monotheism), worships Allâh (Alone) with sincere Faith in the (1) Oneness of His Lordship,(2) Oneness of His worship, and (3) Oneness of His Names and Qualities], while he is a Muhsin (good doer i.e. performs good deeds totally for Allâh's sake without any show-off or to gain praise or fame etc. and does them in accordance with the Sunnah of Allâh's Messenger Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam), then he has grasped the most trustworthy hand hold [Lâ ilâha ill-Allâh (none has the right to be worshipped but Allâh)]. And to Allâh return all matters for decision.
23. And whoever disbelieved, let not his disbelief grieve you (O Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam),. to Us is their return, and We shall inform them what they have done. Verily, Allâh is the All Knower of what is in the breasts (of men).
25. And if you (O Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) ask them: "Who has created the heavens and the earth," they will certainly say: "Allâh." Say: "All the praises and thanks be to Allâh!" But most of them know not.
27. And if all the trees on the earth were pens and the sea (were ink wherewith to write), with seven seas behind it to add to its (supply), yet the Words of Allâh would not be exhausted. Verily, Allâh is All Mighty, All Wise.
29. See you not (O Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) that Allâh merges the night into the day (i.e. the decrease in the hours of the night are added in the hours of the day), and merges the day into the night (i.e. the decrease in the hours of day are added in the hours of night), and has subjected the sun and the moon, each running its course for a term appointed; and that Allâh is All Aware of what you do.
32. And when a wave covers them like shades (i.e. like clouds or the mountains of sea water), they invoke Allâh, making their invocations for Him only. But when He brings them safe to land, there are among them those that stop in the middle, between (Belief and disbelief). But none denies Our Signs except every perfidious ungrateful.
33. O mankind! Be afraid of your Lord (by keeping your duty to Him and avoiding all evil), and fear a Day when no father can avail aught for his son, nor a son avail aught for his father. Verily, the Promise of Allâh is true, let not then this (worldly) present life deceive you, nor let the chief deceiver (Satan) deceive you about Allâh.
34. Verily, Allâh! With Him (Alone) is the knowledge of the Hour, He sends down the rain, and knows that which is in the wombs. No person knows what he will earn tomorrow, and no person knows in what land he will die. Verily, Allâh is All Knower, All Aware (of things).