1. All the praises and thanks be to Allâh, to Whom belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. His is all the praises and thanks in the Hereafter, and He is the All Wise, the All Aware.
3. Those who disbelieve say: "The Hour will not come to us." Say: "Yes, by my Lord, it will come to you." (Allâh, He is) the All Knower of the unseen, not even the weight of an atom (or a small ant) or less than that or greater, escapes from His Knowledge in the heavens or in the earth, but it is in a Clear Book (AlLauh Al Mahfûz).
6. And those who have been given knowledge see that what is revealed to you (O Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) from your Lord is the truth, and guides to the Path of the Exalted in Might, Owner of all praise.
7. Those who disbelieve say: "Shall we direct you to a man (Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) who will tell you (that) when you have become fully disintegrated into dust with full dispersion, then, you will be created (again) anew?"
8. Has he (Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) invented a lie against Allâh, or is there a madness in him? Nay, but those who disbelieve in the Hereafter are (themselves) in a torment, and in far error.
9. See they not what is before them and what is behind them, of the heaven and the earth? If We will, We shall sink the earth with them, or cause a piece of the heaven to fall upon them. Verily, in this is a sign for every faithful believer that [believes in the Oneness of Allâh], and turns to Allâh (in all affairs with humility and in repentance).
12. And to Solomon (We subjected) the wind, its morning (stride from sunrise till midnoon) was a month's (journey), and its afternoon (stride from the midday decline of the sun to sunset) was a month's (journey i.e. in one day he could travel two months' journey). And We caused a fount of (molten) brass to flow for him, and there were jinns that worked in front of him, by the Leave of his Lord, and whosoever of them turned aside from Our Command, We shall cause him to taste of the torment of the blazing Fire.
13. They worked for him what he desired, (making) high rooms, images, basins as large as reservoirs, and (cooking) cauldrons fixed (in their places). "Work you, O family of Dâwud (David), with thanks!" But few of My slaves are grateful.
14. Then when We decreed death for him [Sulaimân (Solomon)], nothing informed them (jinns) of his death except a little worm of the earth, which kept (slowly) gnawing away at his stick, so when he fell down, the jinns saw clearly that if they had known the unseen, they would not have stayed in the humiliating torment.
15. Indeed there was for Saba' (Sheba) a sign in their dwelling place, - two gardens on the right hand and on the left (and it was said to them) "Eat of the provision of your Lord, and be grateful to Him, a fair land and an Oft Forgiving Lord.
16. But they turned away (from the obedience of Allâh), so We sent against them Sail Al 'Arim (flood released from the dam), and We converted their two gardens into gardens producing bitter bad fruit, and tamarisks, and some few lote trees.
18. And We placed between them and the towns which We had blessed, towns easy to be seen, and We made the stages (of journey) between them easy (saying): "Travel in them safely both by night and day."
19. But they said: "Our Lord! Make the stages between our journey longer," and they wronged themselves, so We made them as tales (in the land), and We dispersed them all, totally. Verily, in this are indeed signs for every steadfast grateful (person).
21. And he (Iblîs Satan) had no authority over them, except that We might test him, who believes in the Hereafter from him who is in doubt about it. And your Lord is a Hafiz over everything. (All Knower of everything i.e. He keeps record of each and every person as regards deeds, and then He will reward them accordingly).
22. Say: (O Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam to those polytheists, pagans, etc.) "Call upon those whom you assert (to be associate gods) besides Allâh, they possess not even the weight of an atom (or a small ant), either in the heavens or on the earth, nor have they any share in either, nor there is for Him any supporter from among them.
23. Intercession with Him profits not, except for him whom He permits. Until when fear is banished from their (angels') hearts, they (angels) say: "What is it that your Lord has said?" They say: "The truth. And He is the Most High, the Most Great."
24. Say (O Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam to these polytheists, pagans, etc.) "Who gives you provision from the heavens and the earth?" Say: "Allâh, And verily, (either) we or you are rightly guided or in a plain error."
27. Say (O Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam to these polytheists and pagans): "Show me those whom you have joined to Him as partners. Nay (there are not at all any partners with Him)! But He is Allâh (Alone), the All Mighty, the All Wise."
31. And those who disbelieve say: "We believe not in this Qur'ân nor in that which was before it," but if you could see when the Zâlimûn (polytheists and wrong doers, etc.) will be made to stand before their Lord, how they will cast the (blaming) word one to another! Those who were deemed weak will say to those who were arrogant: "Had it not been for you, we should certainly have been believers!"
32. And those who were arrogant will say to those who were deemed weak: "Did we keep you back from guidance after it had come to you? Nay, but you were Mujrimûn (polytheists, sinners, criminals, disobedient to Allâh, etc.).
33. Those who were deemed weak will say to those who were arrogant: "Nay, but it was your plotting by night and day, when you ordered us to disbelieve in Allâh and set up rivals to Him!" And each of them (parties) will conceal their own regrets (for disobeying Allâh during this worldly life), when they behold the torment. And We shall put iron collars round the necks of those who disbelieved. Are they requited aught except what they used to do?
37. And it is not your wealth, nor your children that bring you nearer to Us (i.e. pleases Allâh), but only he (will please Us) who believes (in the Islâmic Monotheism), and does righteous deeds; as for such, there will be twofold reward for what they did, and they will reside in the high dwellings (Paradise) in peace and security.
39. Say: "Truly, my Lord enlarges the provision for whom He wills of His slaves, and (also) restricts (it) for him, and whatsoever you spend of anything (in Allâh's Cause), He will replace it. And He is the Best of providers."
42. So Today (i.e. the Day of Resurrection), none of you can profit or harm one another. And We shall say to those who did wrong [i.e. worshipped others (like angels, jinns, prophets, saints, righteous persons, etc.) along with Allâh]: "Taste the torment of the Fire which you used to belie.
43. And when Our Clear Verses are recited to them, they say: "This (Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) is naught but a man who wishes to hinder you from that which your fathers used to worship." And they say: "This is nothing but an invented lie." And those who disbelieve say of the truth when it has come to them (i.e. Prophet Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam when Allâh sent him as a Messenger with proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, etc.): "This is nothing but evident magic!"
46. Say (to them O Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam): "I exhort you on one (thing) only: that you stand up for Allâh's sake in pairs and singly, and reflect (within yourselves the life history of the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam): there is no madness in your companion (Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam), he is only a warner to you in face of a severe torment."
48. Say (O Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam): "Verily! My Lord sends down Inspiration and makes apparent the truth (i.e. this Revelation that had come to me), the All Knower of the Ghaib (unseen).
52. And they will say (in the Hereafter): "We do believe (now);" but how could they receive (Faith and the acceptance of their repentance by Allâh) from a place so far off (i.e. to return to the worldly life again).
53. Indeed they did disbelieve (in the Oneness of Allâh, Islâm, the Qur'ân and Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) before (in this world), and they (used to) conjecture about the unseen [i.e. the Hereafter, Hell, Paradise, Resurrection and the Promise of Allâh, etc. (by saying) all that is untrue], from a far place.
54. And a barrier will be set between them and that which they desire [i.e. At-Taubah (turning to Allâh in repentance) and the accepting of Faith etc.], as was done in the past with the people of their kind. Verily, they have been in grave doubt.