1. Those who disbelieve from among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) and among Al-Mushrikûn,were not going to leave (their disbelief) until there came to them clear evidence.
4. And the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) differed not until after there came to them clear evidence. (i.e. Prophet Muhammad (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) and whatever was revealed to him).
5. And they were commanded not, but that they should worship Allâh, and worship none but Him Alone (abstaining from ascribing partners to Him), and perform As-Salât (Iqâmat-as-Salât) and give Zakât: and that is the right religion.
6. Verily, those who disbelieve (in the religion of Islâm, the Qur'ân and Prophet Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) from among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) and Al-Mushrikûn will abide in the Fire of Hell. They are the worst of creatures.
7. Verily, those who believe [in the Oneness of Allâh, and in His Messenger Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) including all obligations ordered by Islâm] and do righteous good deeds, they are the best of creatures.
8. Their reward with their Lord is 'Adn (Eden) Paradise (Gardens of Eternity), underneath which rivers flow, they will abide therein forever, Allâh Well-Pleased with them, and they with Him. That is for him who fears his Lord.