1. When the hypocrites come to you (O Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam), they say: "We bear witness that you are indeed the Messenger of Allâh." Allâh knows that you are indeed His Messenger and Allâh bears witness that the hypocrites are liars indeed.
4. And when you look at them, their bodies please you; and when they speak, you listen to their words. They are as blocks of wood propped up. They think that every cry is against them. They are the enemies, so beware of them. May Allâh curse them! How are they denying (or deviating from) the Right Path.
6. It is equal to them whether you (Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) ask forgiveness or ask not forgiveness for them. Verily, Allâh guides not the people who are the Fâsiqîn (rebellious, disobedient to Allâh) .
7. They are the ones who say: "Spend not on those who are with Allâh's Messenger, until they desert him." And to Allâh belong the treasures of the heavens and the earth, but the hypocrites comprehend not.
8. They (hyprocrites) say: "If we return to Al-Madinah, indeed the more honourable ('Abdûllah bin Ubai bin Salul, the chief of hyprocrites at Al Madinah) will expel therefrom the meaner (i.e. Allâh's Messenger sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam)." But honour, power and glory belong to Allâh, His Messenger (Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam), and to the believers, but the hypocrites know not.
10. And spend (in charity) of that with which We have provided you, before death comes to one of you and he says: "My Lord! If only You would give me respite for a little while (i.e. return to the worldly life), then I should give Sadaqah (i.e. Zakât) of my wealth , and be among the righteous [i.e. perform Hajj(pilgrimage to Makkah)].