1. Hâ Mîm.
[These letters are one of the miracles of the Qur'ân, and none but Allâh (Alone) knows their meanings].
13. In order that you may mount firmly on their backs, and then may remember the Favour of your Lord when you mount thereon, and say: "Glory to Him who has subjected this to us, and we could never have it (by our efforts)."
15. Yet they assign to some of His slaves a share with Him (by pretending that He has children, and considering them as equals or co-partners in worship with Him). Verily, man is indeed a manifest ingrate!
17. And if one of them is informed of the news of (the birth of) that which he set forth as a parable to the Most Beneficent (Allâh) (i.e. of a girl), his face becomes dark, gloomy, and he is filled with grief!
23. And similarly, We sent not a warner before you (O Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) to any town (people) but the luxurious ones among them said: "We found our fathers following a certain way and religion, and we will indeed follow their footsteps."
28. And he made it [i.e. Lâ ilâha ill-Allâh (none has the right to be worshipped but Allâh Alone)] a Word lasting among his offspring (True Monotheism), that they may turn back (i.e. to repent to Allâh or receive admonition).
29. Nay, but I gave (the good things of this life) to these (polytheists) and their fathers to enjoy, till there came to them the truth (the Qur'ân), and a Messenger (Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) making things clear.
32. Is it they who would portion out the Mercy of your Lord? It is We Who portion out between them their livelihood in this world, and We raised some of them above others in ranks, so that some may employ others in their work. But the Mercy (Paradise) of your Lord (O Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) is better than the (wealth of this world) which they amass.
33. And were it not that all mankind would have become of one community (all disbelievers, desiring worldly life only), We would have provided for those who disbelieve in the Most Beneficent (Allâh), silver roofs for their houses, and elevators (and stair-ways, etc. of silver) whereby they ascend,
35. And adornments of gold. Yet all this (i.e. the roofs, doors, stairs, elevators, thrones etc. of their houses) would have been nothing but an enjoyment of this world. And the Hereafter with your Lord is only for theMuttaqûn.
36. And whosoever turns away (blinds himself) from the remembrance of the Most Beneficent (Allâh) (i.e. this Qur'ân and worship of Allâh), We appoint for him Shaitân (Satan devil) to be a Qarîn (an intimate companion) to him.
38. Till, when (such a one) comes to Us, he says [to his Qarîn (Satan / devil companion)] "Would that between me and you were the distance of the two easts (or the east and west)" a worst (type of) companion (indeed)!
46. And indeed We did send Mûsa (Moses) with Our Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) to Fir'aun (Pharaoh) and his chiefs (inviting them to Allâh's Religion of Islâm) He said: "Verily, I am a Messenger of the Lord of the 'Alamîn (mankind, jinns and all that exists)."
48. And not an Ayâh (sign, etc.) We showed them but it was greater than its fellow, and We seized them with torment, in order that they might turn [from their polytheism to Allâh's Religion (Islâmic Monotheism)].
61. And he ['Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)] shall be a known sign for (the coming of) the Hour (Day of Resurrection) [i.e. 'Iesa's (Jesus) descent on the earth] . Therefore have no doubt concerning it (i.e. the Day of Resurrection). And follow Me (Allâh) (i.e. be obedient to Allâh and do what He orders you to do, O mankind)! This is the Straight Path (of Islâmic Monotheism, leading to Allâh and to His Paradise).
63. And when 'Iesa (Jesus) came with (Our) clear Proofs, he said: "I have come to you with Al-Hikmah (Prophethood), and in order to make clear to you some of the (points) in which you differ, therefore fear Allâh and obey me,
65. But the sects from among themselves differed. So woe to those who do wrong (by ascribing things to 'Iesa (Jesus) that are not true) from the torment of a painful Day (i.e. the Day of Resurrection)!
69. (You) who believed in Our Ayât (proofs, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) and were Muslims (i.e. who submit totally to Allâh's Will, and believe in the Oneness of Allâh - Islâmic Monotheism).
81. Say (O Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam): "If the Most Beneficent (Allâh) had a son (or children as you pretend), then I am the first of Allâh's worshippers [who deny and refute this claim of yours (and the first to believe in Allâh Alone and testify that He has no children)]." [Tafsir At-Tabarî].
86. And those whom they invoke instead of Him have no power of intercession; except those who bear witness to the truth (i.e. believed in the Oneness of Allâh, and obeyed His Orders), and they know (the facts about the Oneness of Allâh) .